Research Fellow, Biological Sciences
The Neuron Signaling Lab led by Asst. Prof. Siew Cheng PHUA is a new research group in the Department of Biological Sciences at National University of Singapore. In our lab, we are combining molecular tools with advanced in vivo imaging and behavior approaches to illuminate the signaling events happening inside the mammalian brain and the implications on behavior.
We are currently seeking a Research Fellow to lead a project on “in vivo brain imaging of compartmentalized signaling activities in freely-behaving mice”.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- A recent PhD degree in biological sciences/engineering or equivalent
- Deep knowledge in molecular signaling concepts, especially in developing molecular sensors/actuators
- Strong expertise in 2D/3D live fluorescence imaging techniques and computational image processing
- Strong expertise in molecular design and cloning techniques
- Some experience in mouse work is desired, but training in mouse surgical & behavior work will be provided.
- Demonstrated writing and oral communication skills
- Experience in training/mentoring students
Interested applicants, please write to Siew Cheng with a detailed CV that includes your (i) qualifications (ii) research interests (iii) research experience (iv) 3 references
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 16955