Research Fellow, Bioinformatics (Cancer Science Institute, NUS)
A Bioinformatics Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) position is available immediately at the Cancer Science Institute (a part of The National University of Singapore) in the laboratory of Dr. Sriram Sridharan. The research will focus in the broad area of replication stress, DNA damage and genome integrity.
This is an exciting opportunity to deploy expertise in computational biology in an active multidisciplinary environment. The PDF will develop novel bioinformatics pipeline(s) to analyze and integrate unpublished/publicly available genomic(s) datasets. The objective is to establish new biomarkers as well as to generate experimentally testable hypotheses. The generated biomarkers and hypotheses will be tested in clinical/experimental datasets in collaboration with wet-lab scientists.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Utilize and/or develop novel computational algorithms and tools
- Aggregation and analysis of unpublished/publicly available datasets
- Investigate findings in experimental/clinical datasets
- PhD in genomics, bioinformatics, computer science, engineering or related fields
- Experience analysing data derived from high-throughput technologies
- Strong Python, bash and/or R programming skills
- Proficient with standard statistical analyses
- Experience with Unix-based systems
- Motivation to learn new and relevant biology
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience using HPC systems
For full consideration, please submit the following to Dr. Sriram Sridharan via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- a single page cover letter summarizing your experience, programmatic expertise, and why this position is of interest to you
- full curriculum vitae, including list of publications and
- contact information for 3 referees
The position will remain open until filled or withdrawn.
a. Further information on the Cancer Science Institute of Singapore as well as working at CSI can be found on our website: www.csi.nus.edu.sg/web/careers/
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.