Lecturer in Patisserie (FE)
Salary: £32,348 - £39,745 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Closing Date: 03-01-2023 12 Midday
The Birmingham College of Food is currently looking for a skilled lecturer in patisserie. This is an exciting time to join our expanding team of chef lecturers. You will be teaching in our award-winning training restaurant where our students will be able to gain hands-on experience plating desserts. Our state-of-the-art skills kitchens and equipment will allow you to enhance and teach your wide knowledge of skills and expertise and enable you to teach learners the most recent and current practices replicated in the industry. These fantastic facilities make for impressionable learning opportunities for our FE learners.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- Experience of teaching or training students or employees within a professional setting
- Exceptional Patisserie skills and plating desserts.
- An ability to manage and motivate students or employees
- High levels of organisational and administrative skills.
So, if you are looking to contribute to the next generation of expert Patisserie professionals, this is the perfect role for you…
UCB is committed to providing professional development opportunities and will support the completion of a recognised teaching qualification, if not already held.
- 50 days’ paid leave per year (38 days’ annual leave plus 12 bank holiday and concessionary days)
- Teachers Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Excellent staff development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice car leasing, tech and cycle schemes
- Heavily-subsidised on-site car parking
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- Free Gym Membership
- Employee Assistance Programme
Closing Date - Tuesday 3 January 2023 at midday.
UCB is an equal opportunities employer.
University College Birmingham is proud to have been voted UK University of the Year in the prestigious 2022 Whatuni Student Choice Awards. We are also the best university for Student Support. The awards are voted for by students showcasing the incredible relationships we foster here at University College Birmingham between Staff and Students.
UCB has a unique collaborative partnership with the University of Warwick (Ranked sixth in the 2022 Guardian League Tables and named the runner-up in the Times University of the Year 2022 and the Times University of the Year 2022 for Teaching Quality).
All applicants for employment at the University will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of the principles of Safeguarding and the PREVENT agenda in the context of further and higher education.