Research Assistant, School of Humanities and Social Science
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake research work with the leadership of the Principle Investigator in the relevant discipline area using the appropriate methods and/or techniques;
- To produce research reports and/or publications as required;
- To coordinate, assist, attend and contribute in relevant activities, such as public lecture, seminar or conference;
- To perform research-related duties as assigned; To provide technical support of lab affairs;
- To undertake other duties assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant area of social science such as but not limited to political science, public policy, urban studies, media studies, psychology and sociology;
- Experience in quantitative social science will be preferred; Skills in computational social science such as data collection, management and processing, media network and data security. Skills in Stata, R, and Python are highly desirable;
- A clear commitment to contributing to the research environment.
- Good communication, mentoring, and interpersonal skills with the capability of working within a project team to achieve results;
- Proficiency in English listening, speaking, reading and writing skills;
- Strong prioritizing and multi-tasking skills to work independently within deadlines;
- Willingness to take up extra responsibilities.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-SZ and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Please send a full curriculum vitae and the completed Application Form (please download the blank form online) together with names of three referees by email to email@example.com.
Review of applications/nominations will be considered until the post is filled.