Venture Builder Lead
Office of Entrepreneurship
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about entrepreneurship, have awareness of current and emerging practices in the startup industry, are committed to help guide and mentor students startups and young aspiring entrepreneurs, and are able to fulfil operational and administrative duties.
Candidates should be intellectually nimble, have an eye for collaborative possibilities and the ability to tackle challenging situations with finesse and determination. A willingness to travel is also expected. Candidate should also have a good understanding of tech businesses and products as well as good knowledge of the startups ecosystem. Prior experience e.g. with a Tech start up, VC, incubator, accelerator, and/or in building and managing a community is a plus.
The Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) Office of Entrepreneurship, is seeking a Venture Builder Lead. The successful candidate will be involved the following:
- Design and drive start up incubation/acceleration for the SUSS Venture Builder and other support programmes, with a focus on impact startups
- Develop and execute strategy for outreach, attracting and onboarding students and entrepreneurs onto incubation programmes
- Account manage and closely mentor startups under these programmes by managing their milestones and progress
- Conduct evaluation and assessment of startups
- Oversee operations of the SUSS Venture Builder Regional and Local tracks
- Drive community building initiatives and manage relationship development of community of startups, mentors, partners, corporates and alumni
- Oversee incubation operations
- Provide coaching and advisory support for fundraising and grant application activity
- Assist in overseas expansion and/or incorporation of startups locally and in the region, especially in ASEAN, China and India
- Undertake secondary appointments or duties in SUSS as required
- Degree holder. Experience in a startup, VC, incubator, accelerator or as entrepreneur will be useful.
- Experience as a Founder/Co-founder in a business or startup will be a plus
- Analytical with strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Intellectually inquisitive; with a good awareness of current and global affairs.
- Driven, organized and detail-oriented.
- Keen interest and ability in operational and administrative tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and graphic design software.
- Able to travel as required.