Postdoctoral Researcher in Fast Radio Bursts
- Postdoctoral Researcher role within Swinburne University
- 2 fulltime, fixed term positions at our Hawthorn campus
- Academic Level A salary + 17% superannuation
About the Role
Swinburne University of Technology’s Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher in Fast Radio Bursts to join their team.
Under the guidance of A/Prof. Ryan Shannon and others, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to use state of the art fast radio burst data sets to undertake their research. The successful applicant should be able to work both independently and also to draw on the knowledge and expertise of external collaborators.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Advanced knowledge of a high-level computing languages (e.g., python, C, C++, cuda) in a Unix environment
- A sound knowledge of fast radio burst astronomy
- Demonstrated ability to write high-impact papers
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and advanced computing
- An earned doctoral qualification in neutron star, fast radio burst, or computational astrophysics, or a closely related data science field where advanced computing and statistics were essential
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: Saturday 31st December 2022, 5pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant. #LI-SW