Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Business and Management
- THE UNIVERSITY OF LAW
- Manchester, Greater Manchester (GB)
- £37,000- £51,250 per annum plus £1550 location weighting
- 30 Nov 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Dec 2022
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are recruiting at our Manchester campus for candidates experienced in: Accounting, Finance and Project Management.
Salary Details: Lecturer from £37,000- £42,000 per annum/Senior Lecturer from £46,250 to £51,250 per annum plus £1550 location weighting.
Reporting into our Academic Manager, you will be providing tuition across the University of Law Business School course portfolio, specifically courses in Business and Management. These will include delivering undergraduate BSc courses to the best possible standard, such as Business Management, Business Management with Entrepreneurship, and International Strategic Business Management.
As a Lecturer at University of Law Business School, you will:
- Teach and assess across the University of Law Business School course portfolio in such subjects as may be assigned to you. This will include teaching and assessing students across a range of written and presentation skills and giving individual feedback on students’ performances.
- Assist in the preparation of assignments and assessments.
- Participate in course design and review.
- Act as a academic coach to students, including being available and willing to discuss students’ problems as they arise, their performance and academic progression
We are looking for individuals who are/have:
- Master’s degree (in Business and/or Management) or professional qualifications. For Senior Lecturers – Fellowship of the HEA
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PgCHE)*
- Teaching in a Higher Education setting or an educational establishment
- Flexibility to teach across a range of different subjects
- Punctual, professional and committed to teaching
Please note: For Senior Lecturers - You will have developed significant expertise in: application and practical delivery of a range of teaching techniques, pastoral care, mentoring colleagues, assessments and marking, team leadership.
*Please note that if you do not currently have/are not undertaking a PgCHE or an equivalent qualification, it is a requirement that you will enrol into the programme (delivered and financially supported by the University), within 12 months of passing probation.
At University of Law, you will work alongside other like-minded professionals who champion advancement, while having opportunities to develop in an environment where originality and innovation is rewarded.
On top of a competitive salary, we provide a generous annual leave entitlement of 35 days, and there’s a rewards package that includes:
- Private Medical Scheme and Life Assurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Training and Qualifications (including Course Sponsorship/Fee Discount)
- Season Ticket Loans and Student Discounts