PhD or Postdoc on Machine learning and image analysis
JOB OPENING AT UNIVERSITE LIBRE DE BRUXELLES (ULB), BRUSSELS, BELGIUM.
The Faculty of Medicine (ULB) is seeking a highly motivated PhD student or postdoctoral fellow to join the Laboratory of Histology headed by Prof. Ievgenia Pastushenko, assistant professor of Histology and Dermatologist (Universit Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium). The project will be performed in collaboration with the Computational biology group of IRIBHM headed by Prof. Vincent Detours, Professor of Bioinformatics and computational biologist (ULB, Brussels, Belgium),
The research goal will be the development of artificial intelligence algorithms for automated histological image analysis to improve the diagnosis and mechanistic understanding of human diseases, including alopecia.
The candidate will have the possibility to analyze high number of histological sections and spatial transcriptomics in human samples of alopecia and other diseases.
The candidate will have a unique opportunity to work in the stimulating and international environment on the interface of biology, clinical medicine and artificial intelligence and image analysis.
- Co-Leading a cutting-edge research project with a PhD in biology/medicine
- Performing histological data analysis
- Supervising and mentoring of junior trainees
- Writing research manuscripts, preparing posters and presentations
- Attending lab organized and institutional activities
- Managing and storing data
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Fluency in R, Python and the UNIX/LINUX environments.
- Proven experience in machine learning and/or deep learning.
- Experience in image analysis and single cell transcriptomics data are assets
- Motivated to work in an international environment.
- Languages: capacity to communicate in English.
- Full-time contract.
- Employees receive the benefits of Belgian Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leave and injuries at work.
How to apply:
Until the position is filled.