Senior Business Development Advisor, Health tech and Life Sciences
An unique opportunity for a Senior Business Development Advisor – Health tech and life sciences is now open at University of Helsinki, Incubators Team.
The selected person will work as a Senior Business Advisor for SPARK Finland and Health Incubator Helsinki. For more information about SPARK Finland and Health Incubator Helsinki, please visit: www.sparkfinland.fi and www.healthincubatorhelsinki.com .
Key target is to support:
- Late-stage research projects in the SPARK Finland program to become viable and fundable businesses, and
- New startups in the Health Incubator Helsinki program during their first 12-18 months’ journey.
Key contribution is to support the research teams and startups in building their market understanding, strategic competencies and organizational foundations towards scalable businesses. International expansion is vital for this industry.
As part of the role, you will have the opportunity to develop and initiate new activities and build professional relationships in international networks to support the creation of new, high aspiration level startups in the health tech and life science space.
To be successful, you must have excellent written and spoken English language skills.
High ethical standards and the ability to work with international, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams is essential. An academic degree in the health tech and/or life science sector with experience and background from startups and research teams and/or the industry would be preferable.
In return, we offer you an appealing career step, a window to exciting projects and startups. You report to the Team Lead of University of Helsinki Incubators Team.
- Advise and coach the research teams and startups in their efforts to grow their ideas and businesses.
- Support the teams and startups in building their market understanding and developing strategic competencies and business foundations to scale their businesses towards international markets.
- Hands-on development and initiating training courses and activities to create high aspiration level startups in the health tech and life science space.
- Promote industry relationships and identify strategic partnerships for the research teams, startups, SPARK and Health Incubator Helsinki.
- Plan and coordinate relevant events and activities to support the goals of SPARK and Health Incubator Helsinki programs.
- Support development and implementing SPARK Finland and Health Incubator Helsinki strategies in the health space.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of health tech and life science industry
- Prior experience of working with research teams and startups
- Proven competencies to support product and business development processes
- A team player who can work with international, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams, committed to personal excellence, ethical behavior and integrity
- Strong ability to build successful business relationships with all levels of stakeholders in both public and private sectors
- Understanding of public relations and communication in multi-disciplinary environment
- A high degree of flexibility and the availability to work within international networks – especially in Europe, US, Asia and Oceania
- Excellent English language skills
- Seniority level: Senior level with international responsibilities
- Employment type: Full-time for two years
- Job function: Business Development
- Industries: Health tech and life sciences
- Please send your application through University of Helsinki recruitment system by 13 December 2022.
For more information: