Lecturer, Professional Experience Placement Coordinator
Role type: Part time (0.6 FTE); Continuing
Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Department of Nursing
Salary: Level A – $77,171 - $104,717 p.a. (pro rata for part-time) plus 17% super
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About - School of Health Sciences
Established in 2009, the Melbourne School of Heath Sciences is an inter-professional learning community at the forefront of leadership in health sciences education, clinical research, scholarship, professional practice, workforce training and knowledge exchange that contributes to local, national and global efforts to improve health and well being. The Health Sciences School educates graduate entry and post-graduate students in the disciplines of Nursing, Social Work, Physiotherapy and other non-medical health sciences through accredited programs tailored to workforce needs nationally and internationally.
About the Role
The Lecturer will further the goals and objectives of the Department of Nursing and Melbourne School of Health Sciences through the provision of high-quality service to students and clients of the department in relation to the coordination of professional placement experience and will assist with the preparation for and delivery of simulation-based learning.
The appointee will report to the Head of Department of Nursing and supported by the Coordinator of the Master of Nursing Science.
- Understanding and implementing the University’s quality framework, particularly as it relates to governance of professional experience placements
- Supporting the request and negotiate professional experience placements according to the academic calendar and student numbers
- Contributing to teaching and learning through practical sessions, workshops and curriculum development as well as subject administration as required
- Maintaining clinical competence in your particular area of expertise
- Particular to this role, EHS responsibilities include a duty of care to staff and students working within clinical laboratories and clinical agencies.
You will possess effective management skills to oversee the clinical placement program including the handling of the logistics of managing clinical placement timetabling and associated placement activities. You will have a demonstrate willingness to participate in a new and vigorous team and the ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently. You will bring your highly developed interpersonal skills with a student-centred approach with the ability to show initiative and innovation, particularly in the area of professional experience placement and clinical practice.
You will also have:
- A Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent
- Recent clinical experience as a Registered Nurse working in an area of acute medical or surgical nursing
- A record of professional achievement in nursing practice
- A commitment to developing excellence and innovation in work integrated learning and supporting the future nursing workforce
- Ability to foster productive partnerships that expand professional experience placements opportunities and establish innovative placement models
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Please note: To be considered for this role you must have current valid work rights for Australia.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Applications close: 8 Jan 2023 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Position description: 0057685_Lecturer - Professional Experience Placement Coordinator.pdf