Research Fellow, Nursing, Midwifery and Health
Nursing, Midwifery and Health
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £32,348 to £39,745 Pro rata per annum
Part Time Fixed Term until 31/12/2023
Closing Date: Tuesday 13 December 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are looking to appoint a Research Fellow part-time (0.5fte) until the end of 2023, in the first instance, to support a project focussed on the development of a digital resource to enhance confidence (self-efficacy) to manage psychological problems and improve well-being for people living with cancer. This online resource will be developed in collaboration with people living with cancer and health care professionals.
The role will be situated within Centre for Psychosocial Research in Cancer: CentRIC+ http://www.southampton.ac.uk/msrg (Director Prof Claire Foster).
As a Research Fellow on the study, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of this project under the supervision of the Deputy Director of CentRIC, Dr Lynn Calman. The post-holder will work with study co-applicants and a team comprising a Senior Research Fellow and a Research Fellow. Responsibilities include: a review of evidence to identify components of the intervention, working with people living with cancer and health care professionals to develop and refine the resource, using stakeholder engagement and qualitative research methodologies, project coordination and reporting, maintaining high quality research procedures, disseminating findings and impact activities.
You will have a PhD, or equivalent professional qualifications and experience in health services research/cancer care/nursing/related health or social science subject and have:
- Experience of designing and delivering qualitative research
- Proven ability to organise a range of high-quality research activities to deadline and quality standards
- Expertise in systematic approaches to literature reviewing
- Good knowledge and understanding of cancer survivorship – demonstrated by research or clinical experience with this group
- Experience of user involvement
- Excellent communication and paper writing skills with a track record of published research. Track record of presenting to both specialist and non-specialist audiences including at local, national and international conferences
It would also be beneficial if you had
- Experience of designing and delivering stakeholder engagement activities
- Experience of developing patient facing resources
You will need to work effectively with members of the study team including patient representatives, research and administrative staff. You will also need to work effectively with health care professionals, the funder (Macmillan Cancer Support) and members of the public/service users to develop, deliver and disseminate the work of the research project.
An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.
Applicants are strongly advised to contact Dr Lynn Calman, L.Calman@soton.ac.uk for an informal discussion.
Applications will be considered from candidates who are working towards or nearing completion of a relevant PhD qualification. The title of Research Fellow will be applied upon completion of PhD. Prior to the qualification being awarded the title of Senior Research Assistant will be given.
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Lauren (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 2081922CF on all correspondence.