Senior Administrative Officer, Student Fees
- Full time, Fixed-term until 1st December 2023
- Handling international student fee inquiries and associated administrative functions
- Base Salary $91,644 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Administrative Officer to join the International and Domestic Fees teams and take a senior role in the management of general administrative support and tasks related to the effective, timely and compliant administration of student fees.
Working in a small and collegial team, this role will be responsible for responding to complex enquiries, resolving escalated cases, and taking a proactive approach in improving the student experience related to fees.
The role requires a constant focus on continuous improvement, a high level of customer service and provide considerable advice and expertise across the University to internal as well as external stakeholders.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior Administration Officer who:
- has the ability to apply initiative, sound judgement and analytical skills in solving problems.
- has extensive experience in customer service and strong written and verbal communication skills
- understands policies and interprets policies for application and compliance purposes
- demonstrates an ability to identify opportunities for change and implement improvements
- demonstrates experience working in a high-volume environment and producing quality work
- computer literate and is intermediate or advanced in MS Office Suite
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Along with your application, please provide responses to the following questions:
- Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you were able to turn them around?
- Tell us about a time you handled a complex enquiry involving multiple stakeholders. How did you resolve the query and what would you have done differently?
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Tooba Fida, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com.
©The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Wednesday 07 December 2022 11:59 PM