Lecturer - Accounting
Lecturer - Accounting
Position Category: Faculty
FTE: .75 (Full-time)
Location: Thousand Oaks
The mission of California Lutheran University is to educate leaders for a global society who are strong in character and judgment, confident in their identity and vocation, and committed to service and justice. Founded in 1959 in beautiful Ventura County, the university has an enrollment of about 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students who come from across the nation and around the world from a diversity of backgrounds, cultures and faiths. As a federally recognized Hispanic-Serving Institution, Cal Lutheran is looking for candidates with a dedication to and success in working in diverse communities. The university is committed to an inclusive learning and work environment that values individual differences and respects each person’s dignity.
Cal Lutheran invites applicants for a Full-time Lecturer position in the Undergraduate Accounting Program of the School of Management, commencing in the fall of 2023. The minimum academic credentials for consideration are an MBA plus CPA or CMA license in active status preferred (inactive status is acceptable) and five or more years of related professional work experience. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated excellence in teaching or professional experience, and a commitment to service, corresponding with the expectations of the program, school, and/or university. Evidence of mentoring, and the ability to mentor underrepresented (African American, Latinx, and Native American) and/or first generation students and experience with academic advising are preferred. Teaching or professional experience in the following courses will receive special consideration: Tax Accounting, Auditing, and Accounting Information Systems.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean and Program Director, the Lecturer is responsible for providing academic instruction to students for the assigned undergraduate courses. The Lecturer is to serve as an academic advisor to students; serve on faculty or university committees; participate in various School of Management events and activities; and engage in creative endeavors which contribute to the academic mission of the University, as outlined in the faculty handbook.
• Provide academic instruction to students through lecture courses. Create assignments and activities in one-on-one, classroom, and distance mediated instructional settings for development of cognitive abilities, communication skills, and higher order thinking skills among students. E
• Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and student learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions, and examinations; provide feedback in a timely manner to student inquiries in class, online, or during established consultation office hours. E
• Maintain current, accurate records of course enrollment, attendance, student academic progress, course curriculum; prepare and submit grades, data, and reports related to course and student progress in a timely manner. E
• Provide a course syllabus to students in each class within the first week of the class, as outlined in the faculty handbook. E
• Adhere to the responsibilities related to teaching, advising, service, and scholarly, professional and creative activities, as outlined in the faculty handbook. E
• Attend and participate on committees and in department, division, campus, and University meetings. E
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Current theory and practice within the subject discipline
• Principles and best practices of effective teaching
• Student learning outcomes and methods of assessment
• University curricula
• Community and campus resources, services, programs, and professionals available to students
• Methods of gathering, analyzing, and preparing data
• Modern computing technology
• Record keeping techniques with regard to student enrollment, attendance, and progress
• Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge in the subject field or discipline
• Deliver course curricula in various learning styles
• Exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, social, economic, cultural, and ethnic background of University students
• Exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the needs of students with disabilities.
• Integrate current and emerging instructional delivery technologies into the learning process to enhance teaching and the educational experience
• Maintain professional standards that protect student confidentiality
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing using tact, patience, and courtesy
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action
• Demonstrate commitment to professional excellence and continuous growth within subject field or discipline
An MBA plus CPA or CMA license in active status and five or more years of related professional work experience.
Licenses and Other Requirements:
Indoor classroom environment; subject to visiting a variety of classroom sites on campus.
Posting Number: Faculty000702020
Number of Vacancies:
Desired Start Date: 08/21/2023
Position End Date:
Open Date: 09/08/2022
Close Date: 12/31/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Application Procedure/Special Instructions:
To apply, visit https://careers.callutheran.edu/postings/10208
California Lutheran University is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment for all persons, regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by applicable law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in any program, activity or facility of the University on the basis of these factors in a manner consistent with applicable federal and state laws, regulations, ordinances, orders and rules, and University’s policies, procedures, and processes.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process can be provided to individuals with qualifying disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Department for further information or to request an accommodation.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency