Research Fellow, Bio Sensors
Prof Aaron Thean’s lab in ECE Department of National University of Singapore is looking for a Research Fellow to contribute to projects related to biochemical sensing.
The selected candidate is expected to
- Have knowledge and experience in electrode transducer (i.e., capacitive / resistive-based) for sensor fabrication.
- Have knowledge in engineering, biology, and chemistry to design, develop, and test sensor devices (i.e., human wearable biomarker sensor, environmental sensors for water and gas quality monitoring etc.), as well as to evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of the materials or device and understand their working principles.
- Have in-depth knowledge in surface functionalization process and experience in coating optimization work.
- Have knowledge in performing surface coating characterization using Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, Scanning Electron Microscopy, Transmission Electron Microscopy, Raman Spectroscopy, Atomic Force Microscopy, X-ray diffraction analysis and others.
- Brainstorm novel ideas and work with material scientists, chemists, and biological scientists, data scientists, and process technologists.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with both academic and industry collaborators.
Interested applicants should submit application online and also send their motivation letter, curriculum vitae, and publication list via email to Dr Evgeny Zamburg (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms Hephzibah (email@example.com).
- Ph.D degree in Material Science / Bioengineering, from a recognised University.
- Experience in biomedical / environmental sensing applications, and prototype development.
- Experience in clean room micro/nanofabrication and characterisation processes is a plus.
- Experience in lab-on-chip is a plus.
- Excellent written and spoken communication especially in scientific writing and presentation skills.
- Open to fixed term contract.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 16572