Post-doctoral Researcher in the Field of Macroeconomics
INVITATION FOR APPLICATIONS
The Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position:
in the field of macroeconomics
The Department of Economics at the Masaryk University, Faculty of Economics and Administration, is looking for a highly motivated and productive post-doctoral researcher in the field of macroeconomics. The position is funded for 3 years.
Duties of the position:
- conduct your own research
- contribute to the development of the research group and the department’s research
- publish research in leading international journals and convey findings both in academia and to the general public
- the position involves reduced teaching load (up to 4 hours per week).
Qualification and requirements:
- PhD in the field of Economics
- excellent background in the latest macroeconomics empirical methods
- previous research should demonstrate the publication potential in leading scientific journals
- international network of collaborators is considered as advantage
- Post-doc position related mostly to research (80 %) with reduced teaching load (20 %).
- The possibility to prolog the contract for another three years in case of mutual agreement
- The monthly salary is 60,000 CZK – 70,000 CZK (i.e. €2,400 - €2,800) before taxes depending on qualification and seniority (average wage in the Czech Republic is around €1,500, median wage is €1,300)
- Relocation support
- Friendly and international working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth (e.g., university seminar series, internships, exchanges, participation in research projects)
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career
- Employee benefits (8 weeks of paid vacation per year, contribution to meals, contribution to pension savings, language courses, university cinema, exclusive mobile tariff, sport activities, vaccination)
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic university city
About the workplace:
Masaryk University (MUNI) is an academically diverse and research-intensive university with a strong commitment to high-quality research and education. The university offers an inspiring research and teaching environment to its 35,000 students and 5,500 employees.
MUNI is located in the university city of Brno, Czech Republic. Based on the most recent OECD Better Life Index data, Czech Republic ranks next to the US and the UK. Proximity to nature and other historical cities (e.g. Prague, Vienna, Budapest), variety of cultural and entertainment attractions, and top personal safety, make Brno one of the top 100 university cities in the world according to students. More details could be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kal6NSc_Nc
The Department of Economics has active research groups in the field of macroeconomics, empirical microeconomics, experimental economics and transportation economics. Department members conduct quality research with peers from other European universities. Members of the department have published in journals such as Journal of Urban Economics, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Oxford Economic Papers, Public Choice or Scientific Reports. The administrative staff is experienced in helping researchers with both national and international grant applications.
Application and selection procedure:
The application shall be submitted online by January 31st, 2023 (11:59 p.m., CET) via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below). Interviews for the position will be held online or in-person at Masaryk University.
The candidate shall provide following:
- Cover letter with a description of your research agenda,
- A full professional Curriculum Vitae including the complete bibliography of published works,
- Up to three research papers (published or unpublished) that you would like to be considered in the assessment,
- Names and contact of three referees that will provide recommendation letters upon request
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
For further information about the position and the department, please contact Vice-dean for Research, Science and Doctoral Studies, e-mail: Rostislav.Stanek@econ.muni.cz.
If you need help uploading your application or have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact the head of HR department Jana Levá, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of personal background. The selection process is based on an Open Transparent Merit-based Recruitment Policy. Masaryk University does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or sexual orientation. The faculty holds the HR Excellence Award.
Type of Contract: 3-year contract
EU Researcher Profile: R2
Working Hours: 1,0 FTE
Expected Start Date: May – September 2023
Number of Open Positions: 1
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Brno, November 27th
We are looking for hearing from you!
Prof. Mgr. Jiří Špalek, Ph.D.
The Dean of the Faculty