Faculty Position in HeXie Management Research Centre (All Ranks)
Department: HeXie Management Research Centre
Position: Faculty Position in HeXie Management Research Centre (All Ranks)
Location: Suzhou, China
Contract Type: Fixed-term, renewable. 3rd contract is open-ended
In 2006 Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) was created by the University of Liverpool and Xi’an Jiaotong University – a top ten university in China. Offering a unique international education experience, XJTLU brings together excellent research practice and expertise from both institutions and gives students the skills and knowledge they need to secure careers in a global marketplace. XJTLU now has over 25,000 enrolled students in both Suzhou and Liverpool in the UK, with plans to grow to about 28,000 students by 2025. There are currently about 2,000 staff, among which about 1,000 academic staff, with an almost even split between citizens of the People’s Republic of China and international passport holders. XJTLU offers our undergraduates and postgraduates over 100 programmes with a diverse spectrum of courses.
XJTLU is entering a new and exciting phase of its development as part of its strategic priorities for the next ten years. Adopting a new higher education model based on the concept of Syntegrative Education (SE), XJTLU is currently opening a new Entrepreneurial Education site in Taicang, part of wider Suzhou, where the Entrepreneur College (Taicang) is located. The Taicang site will be a pioneer of, and educational model for, the future campus in addressing challenges arising from the 4th Industrial Revolution. Other new initiatives include new working partnerships with Xi’an Jiaotong University, the continued development of the four new Academies, and exploration of further potential locations to develop the SE model.
With a focus on innovative learning and teaching, and research, XJTLU draws on the strengths of its parent universities, and plays a pivotal role in facilitating access to China for UK and other institutional partners. At same time, XJTLU is exploring future education by blending the educational theory, best practice and culture from west and east.
For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn.
ABOUT HEXIE MANAGEMENT RESEARCH CENTRE (HEXIE CENTRE)
HeXie Management Research Centre (HeXie Centre or HeXie Academy), is a comprehensive research institute that offers multidisciplinary insights for the academy, teaching, and training in management, education and sociology, aiming to contribute to the development of human society. As the Innovation Platform of Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University, HeXie Centre focuses on the research and practical application of the HeXie Management Theory to gather intelligence, conduct social experiments, and build a high-level academic research and educational innovation ecosystem. Through integrating eastern and western wisdom, combining history and future, bridging the gap between theory and practice, HeXie Centre is committed to inspiring, nurturing imagination and creativity, spurring leading and original innovation, making pioneering contributions to the development of management theory, industrial innovation ecosystem, high-quality economic and social innovation in China and the world.
KEY RESEARCH AREA OF HEXIE MANAGEMENT RESEARCH
HeXie Management Research Centre has conducted large-scale research by applying the HeXie Management Theory, in three interdisciplinary research fields that combines from Digital & Intelligent Ecosystem Research, Future Social Life and Governance Innovation Research to Research on Sustainable Development.
Digital & Intelligent Ecosystem Research based on the HeXie Management Theory.
Focus on the ecosystem of industrial innovation, ecosystem organizations - strategy - leadership - governance, HeXie education and integration between industry and education (Syntegrative Education), industrial internet and digital transformation, digital entrepreneurship and innovation, big data-driven decision-making and financial markets, business succession and innovation, and intelligent strategic human resources etc.
Future Social Life and Governance Innovation Research based on the HeXie Management Theory. Focus on modern Chinese governance, elderly care services, healthcare data studio, age-friendly technology innovation, innovation in care and wellness services, digital creativity, social governance and future communities in digital & intelligent era, smart cities and urban regeneration, social innovation, public charity and common prosperity research topics.
Research on Sustainable Development inspired by the HeXie Management Theory.
Focus on the carbon neutrality, ESG (environment, society & governance) strategic transformation, carbon market, energy transition, new energy industry, environmental protection, sustainable development strategy, green supply chain management, and mechanism for harmonious coexistence between humans and nature etc.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The full time Lecturer/Associate Professor will have 30% of their workload in teaching and social service, and 70% in research. Associate Professor above role will have 50% of their workload in teaching and social service, and 50% in research. All research should be directed by the vision and mission of the Centre toward the objectives of the Centre’s development by stages. Also, valuable alternative research that would serve the vision and mission of the Centre would also be encouraged.
Academic research is one of the key activities in HeXie Centre. The main research achievements or academic responsibilities include:
- Think Tank research reports
- policy proposals
- current affairs reviews
- academic papers
- project reports
- teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- business case development
- supervision of junior researchers
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- being able to have international academic influence in relevant research fields such as management, humanities, economics, sociology, and philosophy;
- being able to apply knowledge in doing research for the HeXie Centre and develop research potential using accumulated experience from doctoral studies;
- being able to submit working papers or research reports to HeXie Centre;
- being able to produce influential research paper or research outcomes in the research field;
- being able to prepare and deliver lectures and seminars, conduct tutorials, practical sessions, workshops and student field excursions in both undergraduate and postgraduate level programmes;
- being able to support various activities designed for students, professionals, and scholars;
- being able to prepare individual and group research proposal submissions to internal and external funding bodies;
- being able to supervise or co-supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research projects within the field of expertise;
- being able to attend at departmental, school and/or faculty meetings and/or membership of a number of committees.
- PhD degree in relevant research fields such as management, humanities, economics, sociology, and philosophy awarded by a reputable institution;
- Candidates with experience in family business governance and succession, asset and wealth management, digital transformation and innovation ecosystem are preferred;
- Proven experiences in conducting high-quality academic research, good records of refereed research publications;
- Leading or participation experiences of national-level research projects would be a plus;
- Experiences in curriculum and subject material development, experiences as Programme Director and Module Leader would be highly regarded;
- Experiences in mentoring and providing research guidance to junior researchers;
- Industrial experiences or collaboration experiences would be highly regarded;
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Ambition in academic research pursuit;
- Work well independently and collaboratively with colleagues, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills;
- Strong attention to detail, able to priorities tasks and meet multiple deadlines;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and innovative;
- Experience or qualifications in teaching in a tertiary environment is an asset;
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for a work visa in the P.R. China.
- Clear career development path with annual review.
- Professional development trainings are provided.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
SALARY: Competitive salary in the market
- Allowance: XJTLU provide various month/annual/one-off allowances as
- Housing allowance
- Travel allowance
- Education allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Commercial insurance: international insurance plans customized for XJTLU staff and family members. (details refer to the University Policy)
- Paid holidays:
- Statutory Holidays (11 days)
- Annual Leave (36 days)
- Family Matters Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Marriage Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Working visa and residence permit in China:
- XJTLU sponsors working visa and residence permit in China for the staff.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application on our university website [HERE]. Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- Contact Details for Three References
For specific enquiries relating to the position, please email the Head of HeXie Management Research Centre, Dr. Peng Liu at Peng.Liu@xjltu.edu.cn. Informal enquiries may be addressed to HR at email@example.com.