Lecturer in Biopharmaceutical Engineering
The School of Chemistry & Chemical Engineering (CCE) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Lecturer in Biopharmaceutical Engineering.
The successful applicant will enhance our research capacity and deliver world-class education to undergraduate and postgraduate students in biopharmaceutical engineering and closely related subjects, while leading the newly developed MSc in Biopharmaceutical Engineering. You will be involved in pioneering research, working with research leaders such as Professor Panagiotis Manesiotis, on initiatives which have real life impact and represent a true academic and industry collaboration.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Honours Degree or Equivalent in Biopharmaceutical or Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Pharmacy or closely related subject.
- PhD completed in a relevant subject.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3 years postdoctoral research experience in relevant area.
- Research interests relevant to the fields of bio/pharmaceutical, chemical engineering, or related areas.
- Research interests that are sustainable and which complement or enhance existing activities within the School.
- Record of high quality, relevant, research publications commensurate with stage of career.
- Evidence of potential to deliver high quality teaching in relevant subjects at UG/PGT level.
- Sufficient breadth and depth of specialist knowledge to deliver UG/PGT teaching in the fields of bio/pharmaceutical or chemical engineering or related at undergraduate and or/postgraduate levels.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This is a fixed term post for 24 months. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package including:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/