Research Assistant, Patrick G Johnston Centre for Cancer Research
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £29,619 per annum
- 28 Nov 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Dec 2022
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Patrick G Johnston Centre for Cancer Research, School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS),at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint a Research Assistant.
The successful candidate will coordinate an international genetic epidemiology study on male breast cancer (MERGE) in partnership with the US National Cancer Institute and will contribute to the management and analysis of genetic epidemiology data, including genome-wide association studies (GWAS).
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Obtained at least a 2.1 Honours degree in a relevant medical or life sciences subject, Statistics, Computer Science, or a closely related area
- Experience of genetics and/or epidemiology
- Experience with data management and project coordination
- Proficient with at least one statistics software package for epidemiology data analysis (e.g., SAS, Stata, R).
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This is a fixed term contact for 12 months. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Colin Adrain - C.Adrain@qub.ac.uk
Attractive Reward Package
About the School
Further information for international applicants