Senior Administrative Officer
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $99,497 + 17% superannuation
- 28 Nov 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 13 Dec 2022
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full-time or Part-time / fixed term for 2 years
- Be a part of one of the top 3 schools in Public Health in Australia- a leader in health policy, health promotion and prevention of disease and disabilities research
- Base Salary starting from $99,497 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney is seeking to employ a Senior Administrative Officer to join a busy, dynamic and high-performing team within the School of Public Health located in the Edward Ford building on the Camperdown campus. The Health and Clinical Analytics lab is a multi-disciplinary team that coordinates a range of national collaborative clinical trials and other studies.
Sydney School of Public Health is located within the University of Sydney and are passionate about research that creates knowledge and fosters innovation to improve population health. the research is evidence-based, relevant and impactful, and focuses on new discoveries as well as translating existing knowledge into improved healthcare outcomes.
The school is a leader in a number of research areas including health policy, health promotion and prevention of disease and disabilities, among others. Our internationally-recognized researchers are motivated by the need to improve health globally and have interests that embrace the ethical, social, economic and environmental causes of health.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide guidance on work activity, policy, and procedures to colleagues where required
- planning and prioritising workload, ensuring efficient workflows, and providing sound policy and procedural advice to a range of staff, students, and visitors
- exercise initiative and judgment in resolving sometimes complex problems associated with key accountabilities and related to the work area
- build rapport with a range of staff across the work area and in the wider University administration environment
- manages record keeping, and finance/accounting support
- provides administrative support and coordinates grant applications including communication with staff preparing applications, proofing, and formatting applications, and preparing/finalising submissions.
- Work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgment in resolving matters
- financial management experience and literacy, experience managing budgets and controlling income and expenditure
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience in handling a wide range of inquiries and providing excellent customer service
- proven experience in administration and research
- strong critical thinking skills
- knowledge of administration software programs, Ideally, Power BI, Ariba, Workday and Microsoft Office 360
- exposure to contracts administration within a research context
- proven experience in a similar role in a university/ higher educational background.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rachel Yazigi , by email to Rachel.email@example.com.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.