Explainable Artificial Intelligence and NLP Scientist (KTP Associate)
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON
- Southampton, United Kingdom
- £32,348 to £37,474 per annum
- 28 Nov 2022
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Dec 2022
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Decision Analytics & Risk
Salary: £32,348 to £37,474 per annum
Full Time Fixed Term for 24 months
Closing Date: Friday 16 December 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
A Graduate Data Scientist / Machine Learning Researcher is required to work with Greyfly.ai in the field of project management and AI. The Data Scientist / ML Researcher will be working to further innovate the design of Greyfly.ai’s Intelligent Project Prediction platform by harnessing the exciting new area of Explainable AI (XAI), to position them at the forefront of their industry.
Greyfly.ai is an innovative business with the vision of transforming project delivery by focusing on researching and developing Artificial Intelligence (AI) in project management to increase project success. https://greyfly.ai/
This will be part of a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP), which is a collaborative project between Greyfly.ai and the University of Southampton, Southampton Business School. Support and expertise will be provided from both Greyfly.ai and both the Project Management and Decision Analytics and Risk departments with the Southampton Business School. KTPs are awarded and managed by Innovate UK.
As part of the KTP scheme, there is a £4,000 training budget for personal development required to enhance the project.
Find out more about Knowledge Transfer Partnerships here: https://www.ktp-uk.org/
**This is a remote working position, based in the UK with the requirement for a once-a-month in-person attendance at a location determined by Greyfly.ai in Bristol.**
The Graduate Data Scientist / ML Researcher will be required to undertake the following:
- Take ownership of the proposed project work plan and manage throughout the project duration, working to deadlines and milestones.
- Act as the conduit for the Explainable AI knowledge exchange between the University and Greylfy.ai
- Present project progress against timescales to the project management committee on a quarterly basis.
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders across the business to disseminate findings and technical progress accordingly.
- Identify training and development opportunities relevant to themselves and the project's success.
The successful Graduate Data Scientist / ML Researcher will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree qualification or above, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science / Machine Learning (ML), AI, Explainable AI or similar
- An understanding of ML Algorithms, NLP, XAI, deep learning and neural networks.
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and techniques (Gantt charts, Risk Register, Benefits logs etc) or an interest in developing knowledge of.
- Strong communication skills and techniques.
- Eagerness to expand on existing technical strengths and grow commercial exposure and knowledge.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation, and will give due consideration to applicants seeking flexible working patterns and to those who have taken a career break. The University has a generous maternity policy and onsite childcare facilities and offers a range of benefits designed to help maintain and support employees' well-being and work-life balance.
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Lauren (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750, or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 2075022TR on all correspondence.