Special Scientist, Research Associate
SPECIAL SCIENTIST (RESEARCH) POSITION ON GENDER AND EXCELLENCE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
Title: Special Scientist (Research Associate)
No. Positions: one (1) full-time or two (2) part-time
Category: 12 months (with the possibility of renewal for up to 35 months)
Place of Work: University of Cyprus, Main Campus, Nicosia
The Department of Business and Public Administration of the University of Cyprus is accepting applications for a Part-time or Full-time Special Scientist (Research Associate position) (70 – 140 hours/ month) to work under the supervision of Associate Professor Alexia Panayiotou on the importance and role of gender in the management of ‘excellence’ in business and economics research.
The position will be funded by the TWIN4MERIT project funded by the WIDERA/Twinning call for proposals of the Horizon Europe programme for Research and Innovation of the European Union.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The duration of employment will be twelve (12) months with the possibility of renewal for up to thirty-five
months, starting from 15/1/2023 or the soonest afterwards. The monthly gross earnings will be €1833-€2166 (depending on qualifications) for full-time employment (140 hours/month) or the equivalent for part-time. Employee contributions will be deducted from this amount. The Research Programmes do not provide for the payment of a “13th salary”.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To conduct research on the role of gender in the management of ‘excellence’ in business and economics research and to develop specific research planning and methodology for data collection and analysis.
- To contribute to the writing of academic articles and the submission of research proposals for funding.
- To prepare relevant material, lectures and short training seminars in relation to the above topic and to help present them to the public.
- To help organize a related international conference on the subject.
- To support the coordinating team of the project in the implementation of the Coordination and Support Measures planned in the project
- To contribute in the making of Deliverable 1.5: Gender and Equal Opportunities Plan for the project
- Master’s degree in a related field (social sciences, business, humanities, education)
- Clear and documented background and interest in gender studies
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Research skills
- Team spirit and research autonomy
DESIRED (ADDITIONAL) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Research experience in the field of gender studies and/or publications
- PhD degree
- Experience of participating in funded research projects
- Interest in publishing academic work and/or in pursuing a PhD degree
- Experience in organizing academic conferences/seminars/trainings
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following (in English):
- Letter of interest for this position.
- Complete Curriculum Vitae (including contact address and telephone number).
- Copies of diplomas and detailed grades.
- A letter of recommendation from an academic staff member should be sent to the following e-mail address by the deadline for applications.
Candidates are invited to send their application and accompanying documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 10/12/2022 the latest. The application must be submitted in ONE clearly marked PDF file. Please note that any applications which do not fulfill these requirements will not be considered.
For more information, candidates can contact Dr. Alexia Panayiotou by email email@example.com
At least the best three candidates that satisfy the required qualifications, will be interviewed by a 3-member Committee.
Interviews will be held approximately two to three weeks after the deadline. Candidates shall be informed of the result of their application by the relevant entity.
Having in mind the provisions of the General Regulation for Data Protection of the EU 2016/679 of the European Parliament, the University of Cyprus collects and processes your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation.
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The University of Cyprus (UCY) is committed to promoting inclusivity, diversity, and equality, as well as the elimination of all forms of discrimination in order to provide a fair, safe, and pleasant environment for the entire university community, where students and staff members will feel supported both in their professional and personal development, within and beyond their multiple identities. To this end, UCY seeks to create the necessary conditions that will encourage and respect diversity, and ensure dignity both in the workplace and society at large. Moreover, UCY has adopted specific policies to promote equal opportunities, as well as respect and understanding of diversity, while it is committed to promoting and maintaining a working, teaching, and learning environment, free from any form of discrimination, whether direct or indirect.