Manager, Research Operations
- Full time, continuing position. Located on the Camperdown Campus
- Be responsible for enabling the realization of the research goals and objectives of the Faculty of Engineering
- Base Salary $129K - $137K (HEO9) + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Faculty of Engineering is seeking an experienced Manager, Research Operations to be responsible for enabling the realization of the research goals and objectives of the Faculty of Engineering.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- manage the planning and operational requirements of research support delivery
- develop and implement a funding pipeline plan for the faculty to support research income diversification and growth
- use data analytics to drive strategic direction
- devise and implement sound practices and processes for the end-to-end management of Faculty based research related enterprises and lead research service improvements.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Manager, Research Operations who has:
- proven leadership experience in the supervision, training, mentoring and performance management of staff with the ability to resolve a diverse range of complex HR issues
- demonstrated experience in developing strategies for sustainable research growth
- experience in identifying opportunities and supporting partnership brokering
- extensive experience in developing and implementing projects and processes across large organizations with minimal guidance
- a strong understanding of Australian funding environment and Higher Education research policy frameworks
- high-level analytical, strategic planning, project management and problem-solving skills
- outstanding organisational, time-management and prioritising skills in a high- pressure environment, and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- strong leadership and management skills, including excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- well-developed capabilities in analysis, information interpretation, and reporting.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 11 December 2022 11:59 PM