Assistant Professor / Associate Professor in Statistics
Assistant/Associate Professor in Statistics
The American University of the Middle East (AUM) is a private university established in 2005 in Kuwait. AUM’s mission is to provide an interactive learning environment that facilitates the development of leaders who are committed to their culture, global ethical values, and professionalism.
Within the last ten years, AUM became a landmark in the private higher education sector in Kuwait and the region through its curricula, its integrated and green campus, and a culture which embraces diversity and innovation. The University is ranked as the Top University in Kuwait and 24th in the region in Times Higher Education(THE) Arab University Rankings 2021.
The College of Engineering and Technology (CoET) at AUM is dedicated to maintaining high quality academic programs by adopting a learner centered approach. CoET aspires to prepare students for life-long learning and careers in engineering for engineering students, and in technology for technology students; with emphasis on leadership skills and creative work so they can lead cultural, social, and economic development.
AUM College of Engineering and Technology is recruiting full-time faculty members as Assistant/Associate Professors for Statistics courses to start from Spring Semester 2023.
- A PhD Degree in Statistics or a related field from an internationally accredited university is required.
- Excellent publication records, in particular during the last five years.
- Pursue academic achievements and have a demonstrable research capability.
- Publish his/her research findings in refereed journals.
- Have a solid commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at undergraduate level.
- Prepare teaching materials, maintain and improve competence in subjects being taught.
- Ability to work in a diverse, interdisciplinary, and fast-paced environment is essential.
- Have demonstrable skills in oral and written English.
Teaching and research field of interest: at least one of the following
- Computational Statistics
- Stochastic Modeling
- Statistical Modeling
- Big Data.
Faculty members are engaged in teaching, services, research and professional development tasks.
Successful candidates are expected to:
- Significantly contribute to the advancement of the research activities and publish research findings in refereed journals.
- Have a strong commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at undergraduate level.
- Prepare teaching materials, maintain and improve competence in subjects being taught. Develop and deliver courses to students.
- Prepare class activities, quizzes, assessments and exams.
- Passionately support the college and departmental wide activities and services with a spirit of leadership, commitment, accountability, and collegiality.
- Evaluate, monitor and mentor student academic progress.
- Supervise and assist students in all aspects related to the courses.
- Guide, lead and mentor students in research projects.
- Engage actively in promoting the growth of AUM and participate in strategic activities and events.
- Participate in departmental and college meetings and activities.
- Serve and support functional activities of departmental committees
- Supervise and support TAs and lab instructors
- Undertake any other duties as may be directed by the Head of Department
How to Apply?
Applicants are invited to apply by sending the following documents to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a recent photo
- Copies diplomas or certificates
- Recommendation letters, if available
Equal Opportunity Employer
AUM is an equal opportunity employer. It offers internationally competitive salaries, remuneration packages, research incentives, and professional development opportunities.
With faculty members and staff coming from more than 60 countries, AUM is a diverse and inclusive environment. AUM campus houses cutting-edge facilities that faculty and staff can benefit from such as Sports Center, Library, Research and Innovation Center, Cultural Center, and more than 55 laboratories.
Explore AUM Campus
AUM is located at Al-Eqaila, an urban area of Al-Ahmadi Governorate in Kuwait. Al-Eqaila is a quiet area that has a distinctive location close to the sea and is 30 km away from the Capital, Kuwait City. Al-Eqaila also has green spaces and features a wide variety of shopping centers, restaurants, cafes, and recreational spots.
Kuwait has a beautiful coastline, remarkable architecture, and an abundance of cultural and historical landmarks.
Apply for Assistant Professor / Associate Professor in Statistics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly