Research Fellow in Energy Studies Institute, Future Resilient Systems Program
Energy Studies Institute (ESI)
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute in the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis. We are looking for researchers to join a multi-disciplinary team carrying out research projects on a range of energy issues that are of concern to Singapore and the region.
We have vacancy for a researcher in the fields of energy systems modelling and optimization for the resilience of future energy systems. This is a position for the Future Resilient Systems program (https://frs.ethz.ch).
- Develop energy planning optimization models under uncertainty with application to Singapore or regional context.
- Contribute to the research program of Future Resilient Systems including journal and conference publications, system development and funding proposals.
- Carry out administrative tasks, including the organising of meetings, preparation of presentations and other tasks assigned by the PI.
- Possess a PhD degree in the fields of energy systems modelling, optimization modelling, industrial and systems engineering, or other related quantitative research fields.
- At least 2 years of experience in one of the fields of above.
- A good understanding and interest in energy planning issues, such as energy supply and demand, modelling platforms, climate change.
- Relevant research experience in optimization modelling in the areas of energy systems, supply chain, transportation.
- Published in reputable related journals.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in 1 PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- A cover letter, of no more than 800 words, explaining the applicant’s past research experience and aptitude in relation to the research project
Interested candidates, please submit your application with all the required documents. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Shortlisted applicants may be called for interview, either in person or by zoom, as appropriate. If you have not heard from us within 3 months, you should assume that your application has not been successful.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Energy Studies Institute
Job requisition ID: 16444