Research Fellow, Hepatology Lab - Medicine
Research fellow joining Prof. Seng Gee Lim research group, Hepatology lab in Yong Loo Lin school of Medicine, National University Singapore.
Hepatology lab is mainly working on understanding the virology and viral immunology mechanisms involved at different phases of the Chronic Hepatitis. Lab is in collaboration with national and international research teams both academics and biopharma companies with a wide range of projects and high through put techniques. In this role you will be directly reporting to Prof. Lim Seng Gee.
We are looking for a research fellow to join our team and kickstart new projects on proteome and transcriptome analysis of viral infection status using patient samples (core biopsies/ Plasma or serum). You are also expected to oversee the ongoing projects and mentor junior lab members (research assistants and lab techs).
- A PhD in life science related discipline preferably with a good understanding of virology and molecular biology
- 3 years of experience as a research fellow
- Expertise in molecular biology techniques including Q-PCR, Cloning etc.
- Expertise in viral transcriptome assessment and viral peptide production measurement
- Desirable to understand the RNA seq techniques, CRISPR gene editing
- Experience with handling patient samples (blood and tissue processing) is desirable
- Experienced in interpretation of data, data analysis and writing manuscript
- Mentoring junior lab members and overseeing the project progress
- Good interpersonal skills and a great communication skill
- Collaborative and innovative with great presentation skills
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 16459