Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Inclusive Education
- Remuneration up to $166,550 per annum.
- Full-time, continuing (permanent) opportunity
- Location choices suited to the Australian coastal lifestyle on the east coast
Southern Cross University is a young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our gamechanging new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes and quality of life.
Southern Cross University’s new 2030 strategy is founded on our people and our purpose to changelives through revolutionary learning and research with real impact.Learn more about our purpose, values and strategy by clicking here.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Southern Cross University’s Faculty of Education is seeking a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer to contribute to curriculum development, teaching, research and other scholarly activities in inclusive education. This is an outstanding opportunity to deliver quality innovativeteaching to support students with diverse needs in inclusive education.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Provide a high standard of teaching and learning, educational design and delivery.
- Contribute to the Faculty’s research profile through publications in high quality journals, and successful applications for grant funding, independently or as a member of a team.
- Undertake relevant community and professional engagement that supports and enhances the University and Faculty’s profile and priorities.
You will be passionate about student teaching and supporting student learning and have a keen interest ininclusive education research. Your collaborative approach to your work allows you to engage with teams to deliver quality curriculum and teaching in inclusive education.
More specifically, you will have:
- A PhD/Professional Doctorate in Inclusive and Special Education, or a relevant discipline, and an appropriate teaching qualification in early childhood, primary or secondary education.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of contemporary educational technologies and proven, practical experience in delivering material in blended and online environments including digital interactive content delivery.
- A track record in research scholarship as evidenced by publication output in highly ranked journals, research income generation and supervision of honours/higher degree research candidates.
In addition, as a Senior Lecturer, you will bring leadership experience and demonstrated achievement in teaching, research and/or industry.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programs and professional learning opportunities.
This position is:
- Full-time/, continuing (permanent)
- Located at either Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast or Lismore. Generous relocation support available
- Academic LevelB or C:
- Academic Level C: The base salary ranges from $123,900-$142,531 per annum, plus 17% employers contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $166,761.
- Academic Level B: The base salary ranges from $101,544 - $120,179 per annum, plus 17% employers contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $140,609.
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online and respond to the selection criteria in the position description by the closing date. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website. If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
This opportunity is open to Australian and international applicants. If the successful candidate requires visa sponsorship, the University will work with the appointee to support visa and travel requirements.
For more information about the role, please contact:
Name:Professor Amy Cutter-Mackenzie-Knowles, Executive Dean
Closing Date: 9:00 am AEDT, Tuesday 3 December 2023
Please note: We are closed from Thursday 22 December 2022 to Tuesday 3 January 2023 (inclusive). Enquiries regarding the role over this time will be checked intermittently during the University Christmas closure.
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aims to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged by those that bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow.