Manager, Site Services
- Full time, continuing
- Be valued for your people management expertise
- Base Salary $111K + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Manager Site Services coordinates and develop services and facilities available at the assigned Library sites to ensure that they support students, staff and the community with access to quality services and resources that enhance the learning, teaching and research experience. The job holder will collaborate with the Associate Director Site Services to investigate and initiate new client focused services. They will provide oversight and management of local collections, with the Collections Policy Manager, in line with relevant policies and procedures.
Please note: Interviews will take place in January 2023
- demonstrated capacity for communicating and assisting a diversity of clients with a demonstrated commitment to quality customer services
- an understanding of how technologies, including social networking tools, can be used to engage with students and researchers and support their connecting with each other
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, high level interpersonal skills and the ability to cooperate with others to achieve operational objectives
- an understanding of contemporary pedagogy and the provision of learner centred information and research support
- demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and improve team performance through mentoring and provision of staff development opportunities.
- an understanding of the Australian higher education sector and the provision of innovative information services
- evidence of improved personal, team and operational effectiveness
- demonstrated ability to identify new and emerging technologies and to assess and implement new and emerging technology solutions and initiatives that assist the learning, teaching and research needs and improve the quality of the library services.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
This position is designated as involving child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact the HR Service Centre on +61 2 9351 2000 or Riviera Son, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 08 January 2023 11:59 PM