Academic Opportunity, School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences
The Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology (SET) is a multidisciplinary hub of cutting-edge teaching and research. It develops future science leaders, and actively partners with innovative industries to solve scientific problems of global significance.
The School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences provides world-class, hands-on education and training to future animal and veterinary scientists. We’re home to South Australia's only veterinary school and veterinary teaching hospital.
Individuals highly skilled in all disciplines of Animal and Veterinary Science/Technology fields are encouraged to apply, these will include but not be limited to animal handling and welfare, surgical, medical, and diagnostic disciplines. Applicants will be required to provide evidence of their suitable qualification and/or industry experience.
Classes will be held at the Roseworthy Campus and applicants will be required to travel to campus.
Please note there are limited opportunities available. The University may be required to change teaching modes on short notice. There may be restrictions on face-to-face interactions with students and staff and these possible conditions may change the casual teaching support required. Your expression of interest will be considered and only successful applicants will be contacted.
- View the current Casual employment opportunities available to determine what work offerings are being made available for individual courses (i.e. other academic activity, marking etc.)
- Ensure you meet the essential criteria:
Are an Australian citizen or possess an eligible Australian work visa*
*Please note: Prospective employees are required to provide evidence of their Australian citizenship or working rights.
- Conferral of an undergraduate degree in a relevant field (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Good technical knowledge of the key teaching components of the courses you are applying for
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to clearly explain technical information to students
- Available and flexible to meet the minimum hourly/sessional requirements for the course
- Able to work collegially to support excellent teaching in the School
- Consider the desired criteria:
- Completion of a postgraduate in a relevant field
- Teaching qualifications or formal training
- To apply for the above opportunities, please click on the link below and provide the required information and documents.
Term of position: 27 Feb 2023 to 31st July 2023
If you require assistance or further information please email Melissa Wilson at email@example.com.
Closing date: 11:55 pm, Friday 13 January 2023
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply