Senior Lecturer, Medical Coordinator
1 day left
- Part Time
- Important role where you can make a difference
- Located close to Bunbury in the beautiful Warren Blackwood region of WA
- Part time (0.2 FTE) fixed term opportunity available until December 2024
- Salary range: Level C $128,152 - $147,413 p.a. (pro rata) plus 17% superannuation plus Rural & Remote allowance (and Clinical loadings where applicable)
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Rural Clinical School of Western Australia (RCSWA) is a network of 15 rural and remote sites across the Kimberley, Pilbara, Mid-West, Goldfields, Great Southern and South West regions of Western Australia. It is a collaboration between UWA, The University of Notre Dame Australia, Fremantle and Curtin Medical School, operating as a unit within the UWA School of Medicine. The RCSWA is committed to providing quality teaching, research, professional development and clinical service in rural and remote settings.
About the opportunity
Working as a Medical Coordinator in the Bridgetown Rural Clinical School office, you work with a small close-knit team and assist with organising and teaching RCSWA students.
You will deliver medical education and training to medical students, work with local practitioners and agencies to further develop educational programs, arrange learning opportunities and coordinate the development of rural training pathways.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Registered, or able to be registered with AHPRA as a Medical Practitioner.
- Committed to working in medical practice in rural WA
- Demonstrated ability to network with rural practitioners in the region
- Experience as a preceptor and/or supervisor of medical students and/or junior doctors or registrars
- Effective organisational, communication and negotiation skills
The ideal candidate will also be committed to and interested in the principles and practice of Indigenous health in rural and regional areas. Previous experience working in Indigenous health is advantageous.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying: PD 513179.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55 pm AWST, Thursday 8 December 2022
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.