Professor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor in Aerospace Engineering
The Department of Aerospace Engineering, which is an academic unit within the College of Engineering at Khalifa University, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, offers a unique ABET-accredited undergraduate degree program in Aerospace Engineering. The Department also has a growing graduate student population, with students enrolled on both Masters and PhD programs. Currently the Department has sixteen faculty, undertaking research in areas that include computational and experimental aerodynamics, combustion dynamics, astronautics, astrodynamics, space mission design, dynamics and control, damage detection, materials and structures, manufacturing and miniature UAVs.
Detailed information can be found at:
The department invites applications for faculty positions in all ranks (Assistant, Associate, and Full Professors) and in any discipline relevant to Aerospace Engineering. While exceptional candidates in any discipline relevant to aerospace engineering are sought, particular emphasis is for top candidates with background in one or more of the following areas: experimental and/or computational aerodynamics, propulsion, thermodynamics, computational fluid dynamics, atmospheric flight dynamics, spacecraft design and space mission analysis, space systems and technologies, spacecraft attitude dynamics and control, astronautics, aerospace design, and aerospace structures and materials.
The candidate is expected to have a strong research potential, demonstrated by relevant publications in high-impact journals, and teaching experience in above mentioned areas. The candidate must possess excellent communication skills.
Successful candidates are expected to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels, establish and maintain active research programs that lead to peer-reviewed publications in high-impact professional journals, and provide service to the department, the university, and the profession.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate in related discipline from an accredited institution is required. Preference will be given to candidates with education from and/or previous service in pre-eminent institutions of higher education.
- Assistant Professor - Minimum of 3 years experience relevant to the position and proven research potential.
- Associate Professor -Minimum of 8 years teaching experience or postgraduate research experience, out of which at least 5 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor.
- Professor -Minimum of 10 years teaching and postgraduate research experience, out of which at least 5 years should be at the level of Associate Professor and have demonstrated high standards in teaching, advising, and research.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job Type: Full-time
More searches like this
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Academic Posts jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Professors / Chairs jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in United Arab Emirates