Research Fellow, Biophotonics and Bioimaging
A Postdoctoral Fellow position is available in Optical Bioimaging Lab in Dept of Biomedical Engineering, National University of Singapore. The successful candidate will be involved in optical biospectroscopy (SERS, Raman and florescence, etc) and microscopy imaging in biomedicine.
- Possess a PhD degree in Applied Physics/Biophysics/ Optical Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry/ Analytical Chemistry/ Applied Physics/ computer science/engineering/ biomedical engineering or related area (e.g., analytical chemistry, informatics, biostatistics, signal processing etc.), or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience in SERS, Raman, FT-IR, L-MS, GC/LC-MS, NMR, chemometrics, and optical instrumentation, biomedical optics and imaging, such as optical spectroscopy, microscopy, and fiber optics and optical design, etc., are preferred.
- Excellent skills in chemoinformatics, bioinformatics, QSAR/QSPR/ADME modelling, statistical experimental design, high throughput screening, library design, machine learning and virtual screens are preferred.
- Proficiency in analytical chemistry and multivariate data analysis, particularly FT-IR/Raman, HPLC, GC, MS, XPS, NMR, SEM spectroscopy.
- Proficiency in biostatics and C++, MATLAB programming and GUI design, and preferably chemometric software development.
- Experience in biophotonics and biomedical Raman spectroscopy and FT-IR is advantageous.
- Experience in SERS fabrications, cell culture and tissue handlings are plus.
- Proficiency in biostatistics (e.g., multivariate analysis), machine learning, and programming using C++, python, Matlab, Labview are advantageous.
- Open to fixed-term contract
Interested applicant can send his/her application to (1) NUS career portal and (2) a copy of their detailed CV with three references listed via email to:
Prof. Zhiwei Huang at email@example.com / Phone: (65) 6516-8856
Visit Optical Bioimaging Lab link: https://www.eng.nus.edu.sg/bme/staff/dr-huang-zhiwei/
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15456