Senior Research Fellow, Department of Medicine
- To undertake research under the guidance of the Principal Investigator to investigate the influences of genetic variants on cardiovascular diseases and the underlying mechanisms.
- To develop and set up new techniques required for the research.
- To provide input into the design of experiments and the preparation of research grants and scientific papers for publication.
- To prepare and submit risk assessments of technical procedures.
- To provide training for and support of junior researchers.
- To participate in general laboratory activities related to the research.
Desirable knowledge and experience
- Experience and skills in cardiovascular research, molecular genetics, and/or cell biology.
- Experience in genome editing techniques.
- Experience in stem cell research.
- PhD in a biomedical sciences, biological sciences or a related, relevant subject.
- Substantial expertise and experience in cell and molecular biology techniques.
- Evidence of research productivity (e.g. first author in research publications).
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15443