University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: Commensurate with experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho’s College of Education Health and Human Sciences (CEHHS) seeks a dynamic scholar/practitioner for a tenure track faculty position (assistant or associate professor) in Learning Technology who will contribute to the Doceo Center for Innovation + Learning. The Doceo Center for Innovation + Learning (UIDC) leads teaching innovation and technology integration initiatives at the University and in K-12 schools in the state of Idaho. It was established in 2013 by a grant awarded by the J.A. and Kathryn Albertson Foundation for the purpose of providing cutting edge training and technology integration resources to educators, teacher educators, and administrators in Idaho as well as research for larger audiences.The successful candidate will lead our efforts to research technology integration and will contribute to professional development for K-12 teachers as well as University faculty. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in instructional technology, technology integration, and teacher education; contribute to knowledge generation through collaborative scholarship, publications, and grants; advise undergraduate and graduate students; contribute to program development within the department and college, engage in meaningful outreach to the university and wider community; and contribute to college and university service.
- Doctorate in Educational Technology, Learning Systems Technology, or a doctorate degree in education with a focus in Educational Technology, Instructional Technology or Learning Technology
- Evidence of scholarly activity related to technology integration in the classroom, online learning, and educational technology
- Experience teaching in the K-12 system or higher
- Qualified to teach instructional technology courses at the undergrad and graduate levels
- Demonstrated capacity to work with diverse students as well as to prepare future education professionals to work with diverse populations
- Advanced technical adeptness and interest in applying emerging technologies to enhance teaching and learning
- Experience teaching quantitative or qualitative research courses at the graduate level
- Experience advising students preparing to teach in K 6-12 schools
- Experience facilitating learning opportunities for teachers in elementary, middle, and high school to integrate technology in their teaching
- Experience working with programs across colleges and within the community to build partnerships and to pursue grant opportunities
- Record of internally/externally funded research with experience managing grant budgets, activities, and staff, commensurate with experience level
- Experience teaching via distance learning technologies
- Understanding of the nature and potential of digital and AI technologies for learning, education, and work
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
Posting Number: F001071P
Posting Date: 10/31/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
- This position is open until filled. However, applications received on or before November 28, 2022, will receive first consideration.
- Include (1) letter of qualification specifically addressing the candidate’s experience related to the required and preferred qualifications, (2) current curriculum vitae, (3) 1-page maximum research statement that describes the candidate’s scholarly focus and demonstrates evidence of research in the field, (4) 1-page maximum teaching philosophy, (5) unofficial transcripts, (6) 1-page maximum statement on diversity and inclusion (Under Other Document 1) related to teaching and outreach, and (7) names and contact information for three references. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets required qualifications.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency