University of Idaho
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $52,000.00
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position will work with the UI Pale Cyst Nematode (PCN) project. The research project focuses on potato cyst nematodes with special emphasis on the pale cyst nematode (Globodera pallida) which is under state and federal regulation. The incumbent will join a multidisciplinary team conducting research to eradicate G. pallida. The incumbent will conduct independent and cooperative research to evaluate potential stimulatory, or inhibitory compounds from for potential trap crops for development as potential control measures against G. pallida. The incumbent will also use molecular approaches to understand molecular changes associated with expression of genes when exposed to either stimulatory or inhibitory compounds. The incumbent is expected to produce manuscripts for submission, mentor graduate and undergraduate students in the laboratory as they assist in the conduct of research, attend conferences to present research results, and participate in grant writing to further the research.
- Ph.D. degree in Nematology, Plant Pathology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or closely related field.
- Research experience with nematology for understanding control measures against nematodes.
- Experience with written communications.
- Experience working independently and with a group.
- Experience working with scientists in difference disciplines with different backgrounds.
- Demonstrated verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new techniques.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and good organizational skills are necessary.
- Knowledge of current methods used in molecular nematology including techniques used in gene expression analysis is highly desirable.
- A strong background and publication record in molecular nematology, plant pathology, biology/biochemistry, bioinformatics and/or closely related fields are preferred.
- Experience with containment of quarantine pest or pathogen is highly desirable.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Willingness to travel and to give presentations to a wide range of audiences.
Posting Number: SP003645P
Posting Date: 10/19/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration date for receipt of applications is November 2nd, 2022.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume WILL NOT be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency