Assistant/Associate Professor in Marketing
St. Edward's University
Assistant/Associate Professor of MarketingMarketing, Operations and Analytics
St. Edward's University, a nationally ranked and AACSB accredited, independent Catholic university and Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) invites applications for a full-time, 9-month, tenure track position
as an Assistant/Associate
in the Department of Marketing, Operations and Analytics
, beginning August/2023
. St. Edward's is characterized by its commitment to the Holy Cross educational mission to educate the hearts and minds of a diverse student body that is deeply committed to social justice.
The successful candidate will develop and teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Teaching emphasis will be on contemporary marketing practices, including principles of marketing, digital marketing, social media marketing, and analytics. The Department of Marketing, Operations and Analytics has created an innovative curriculum in digital marketing, emphasizing the digital expertise needed across all aspects of this area. Specific classroom competencies sought include: digital marketing, including digital strategy, search marketing, email marketing, web site design and optimization, mobile marketing, data analytics, social media marketing, marketing technology, customer experience marketing and consumer behaviour. Successful candidates will have the technical skills commensurate with teaching these subjects.
St. Edward's University embraces excellence through diversity and especially encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented racial, ethnic, sexual, and gender minority groups. Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to supporting a diverse student body.
For consideration, the following qualifications are required:
Essential Responsibilities Include
- Earned Doctorate in Marketing or other discipline focusing on social media marketing preferably from an AACSB accredited school.
- At least 3 years of marketing industry experience either in the business-to-business and business-to-consumer contexts preferred.
- Ability to develop and teach various analytical methods relevant to marketing.
- Prior teaching and/or online course development a plus. Prior experience in teaching social media marketing and analytics also desired.
- Demonstrated evidence of research and scholarship potential and familiarity with the AACSB faculty qualification standards.
- Demonstrated research efforts in marketing, with an emphasis in digital marketing.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with and commitment to working with a diverse population.
- Documented proof of identity, employment eligibility, and completion of a successful criminal background check.
- Candidates should have the interest and ability or potential to teach a range of undergraduate courses and support a diverse student body.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
- Fulfil teaching requirements of a 7-course (4-3 or 3-4) teaching load per academic year. St. Edward's University is a teaching institution and regards teaching as central to its mission.
- Interact with local, regional, national, and international business, non-profit, government, and community representatives to develop applied service learning projects and study opportunities for students.
- Develop new courses and curriculum as needed.
- Teach and prep courses and curriculum as assigned.
- Provide academic advising and mentoring for undergraduate students.
- Participate in assessment of student performance in the discipline.
- Maintain commitment to social responsibility in the classroom setting in line with the University's mission.
- Maintain/enhance competency in digital marketing through research, writing, teaching and/or industry experience.
- Teach online/hybrid at the graduate level.
- Maintain an active program of quality research.
- Meet School and University service requirements through participation on committees and campus initiatives.
- Fulfil other required faculty responsibilities as outlined in the St. Edward's University Faculty Manual.
An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryUnited Healthcare Medical & RX Coverage (HAS & FSA available)Sun Life Financial Dental PlanSun Life Financial Vision PlanShort Term Disability (STD) InsuranceLong Term Disability (LTD) InsuranceLife & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) InsuranceEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)Pet InsuranceAnnual Leave & Paid Sick LeaveRetirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%Tuition BenefitsPaid HolidaysServices & DiscountsHOW TO APPLY
Applicants should apply online at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
Application packages should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contact information for three references, and a statement describing your teaching philosophy and your approach to working on projects with undergraduate students
In addition, all applications must include a diversity, equity, and inclusion statement
that details the candidate's (1) knowledge, (2) track record, and (3) plans for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion as a professional at St. Edward's University (2-page maximum).
Your DEI statement should be included as a separate document and should not contain your name or any other personally identifiable information.
Applicants should submit materials by January 6, 2023
for full consideration; however, the position will remain open until filled.About the BILL MUNDAY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Bill Munday School of Business delivers an experiential, values-based education anchored in the liberal arts and the Holy Cross traditions of learning and service. The Bill Munday School of Business offers several undergraduate and graduate degrees including Master of Business Administration, Master of Accounting, Master in Digital Marketing and Analytics, and Master of Business Analytics..
Over 1,000 students are enrolled in the undergraduate and graduate business programs offered by The Bill Munday School of Business. The school educates students to excel professionally in the dynamic 21st century business environment by emphasizing creative thinking, critical analysis, global collaboration, lifelong learning, adaptation to change, and ethical behaviour. The school promotes relationships on our campus with our global partners and across the rich business ecosystem of Austin, focusing on technology, creativity, social enterprise and emerging trends.ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic, liberal arts institution of 2,900 undergraduate and 700 graduate students located in Austin, Texas. It is an exciting time to be part of the St. Edward's community as the university increases its global engagement to educate students for the opportunities and challenges of a 21st-century world. SEU is a diverse community that appreciates faculty and students from all backgrounds. Consistent with its Holy Cross heritage, the university maintains a strong commitment to diversity and global initiatives. More information about St. Edward's University may be found at www.stedwards.edu
.Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
St. Edwards University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community. For more information on our commitment to diversity, please visit our website https://www.stedwards.edu/about-us/diversity-equity-inclusionEQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions. We require U.S. citizenship or permanent residency for employment, and we are not offering visa sponsorship at this time.Sponsorship
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.Background Checks:
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202016964
Available: August 2023
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency