Assistant Professor in Chemistry
Department: Dept of Pure Sciences Division/College: College of Engineering, Science & Technology
Job Openings: 1
An Assistant Professor is developing his/her own research and teaching interests and is becoming known for his/her work. They will effectively contribute to curriculum development, publish in peer-reviewed international journals or other appropriate outlets and are likely to have edited collections of work or meeting proceedings. They should be beginning to show academic leadership in their teaching and/or their research speciality and be involved in administrative duties at least at Department/School level.
- PhD in Chemistry or related field PLUS MSc in Chemistry or related field PLUS BSc in Chemistry or related field OR PhD in Chemistry or related field PLUS BSc with honors in Chemistry or related field
- Research active
- Clear interest in learning and teaching and the potential to become an effective teacher
- Academic leadership
- Administrative duties
- Demonstrates evidence of ongoing publications in ranked journals
Applicants must demonstrate evidence of meeting at least one or all the three criteria as listed below:
- University Service (administration)
- Community Service (contributions to the wider profession)
Note: Applicants must provide Scopus ID or ORCID number
Link: Click here to download
Salary: FJ$ 59789 plus 6% superannuation
To explore the post further or for any queries you may contact:
Name: Katriona Williams
All applications are to include:
- A covering letter of application addressing each of the criterion of the person specifications above, evidencing how your qualifications and experience meet the criteria. Guide on how to address your claims against the selection criteria can be downloaded from the link below.
This covering letter will form the main basis for shortlisting. Failure to provide this covering letter will result in your application not being considered.
- A detailed CV and certified copies of all academic transcripts, three referees, with full contact details, including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. Candidate should state their relationship with each referee (e.g., line manager, former postgraduate supervisor)
All applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: https://fnu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home?c=fnu .
Applications sent via email or manually for all positions will not be accepted.
Should you have any queries on the advertised opportunity or face difficulty in submitting the application online, please email the following:
- HR Partner (email ID stated in the advertisement): For any queries regarding the advertised position.
- firstname.lastname@example.org : For any assistance with the online application or technical issues.
- email@example.com : For other queries regarding the advertised position, expression of interest or FNU careers.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
Closing Date: 17th December, 2022 (Midday 11:59 am).
Advisory on Covid-19 vaccination:
Please note that in order to ensure regulatory compliance with the Health and Safety at Work (General Workplace Conditions) (Amendment) Regulations 2021, it is now mandatory for all employer representatives and staff of FNU to be vaccinated as a condition of employment to protect employers, employees, customers and the general public at workplaces from Covid-19. The successful appointee should have had the first vaccination against COVID-19 by 15th of August 2021 unless exempted by the Ministry of Health and Medical Services (proof required). The appointee should also have received the second vaccination on or before the 1st of November 2021 unless exempted.