Specialist Core Concepts
Specialist Core Concepts - Academic Affairs
Responsible for assisting in the implementation, delivery and coordination of the clinical skills curriculum for the medical education program. Develops course content and assessment materials for the clinical skills program in collaboration with the clinical skills course directors particularly in Period 1 and Period 2.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure the course syllabi reflect the expectations for the clinical skills program Practice of Medicine POM 1, POM 2, POM 3 and Capstone Program
- Help develop and manage course content on the Learning Management system Blackboard for the Clinical Skills Programs in all years
- Oversee the logistics of scheduling individual and small group sessions for OSCE, Task training and Simulation sessions for Khalifa University and External User Groups
- Participate in the successful planning and execution of OSCE, Task-Training and Simulation Course and Assessments for medical students and external user groups
- Ensure the completion of course files at the conclusion of clinical skills and simulation courses and workshops
- Initiate, plan and lead workshops on communication skills including basic and advanced history taking skills
- Conduct needs assessments using a variety of strategic tools and identify education needs/topics and deficits in KU's clinical skills education programs
- Incorporate principles of adult learning in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of education programs and develop simulation-based educational materials
- Ensure course content is aligned and consistent with curriculum and user expectations. Identify opportunities for improvement, innovation, implementation and integration of patient simulation technology into existing healthcare curricula
- Prepare and set-up requirements for training courses including equipment availability, documentation needs and follow up for reports and statistics
- Integrate goals and teaching points from basic science and multidisciplinary clinical departments to promote collaboration and team teaching and evaluate the effectiveness of educational programs
- Promote excellence in teaching through demonstrate respectful behavior and role
- Participates in the implementation of standardized patient safety clinical practices at the system and practice level.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Clinical Qualification (eg RN, PA, NP, MD, DO)
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Record reflecting excellence in education, healthcare, clinical practice, research, and/or administration
- Experience working in a medical school or healthcare environment
- Familiarity with research operations
- Teaching, leadership, mentoring, and presentation skills
- Experience working with an education institution in the Middle East
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job Type: Full-time