External Engagement Officer, Digital
- Full time, fixed-term until February 2025
- Opportunity to support the strategic external engagement priorities of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Base Salary $91,644 - $98,796 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The External Engagement Officer (Digital) (EEOD) supports the strategic external engagement priorities of the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences with a broad focus on the development and delivery of external engagement activities. The EEOD will assist with the implementation of the External Engagement Strategy and is responsible for the delivery of digital initiatives for the Strategic Partnership and Engagement Portfolio.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide effective communication and digital operational support to initiatives delivered by the Faculty's Strategic Partnerships and Engagement Portfolio
- provide digital event support for Faculty endorsed engagement initiatives
- develop content and maintain external engagement web pages and support social media presence
- provide advice regarding digital platforms optimal for external engagement
- Undertake ad-hoc projects and other activities
- experience working with a diverse group of key internal/external stakeholders on large or complex projects
- experience using international social and digital media to reach and engage a variety of target audiences around the globe
- experience in preparing written briefings, web content, project submissions and run sheets for internal and external stakeholders and audiences
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with continuous improvement as part of normal daily work
- accuracy, attention to detail and highly organised
- excellent planning, organisational and project management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and achieve required outcomes
- effective and tactful communication and interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication, with an ability to tailor information to a number of different audiences.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Paulina Rojas (Mon-Wed) and Nicole Feain (Thurs-Fri), Recruitment Operations at email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 04 December 2022 11:59 PM