Lecturer, Business School
- Full-time, ongoing appointment
- Salary scale: Level B: $105,043 - $124,301 plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The UWA Business School is ranked in the Top 3 Best Business Schools in Australia and #1 in Western Australia (AFR BOSS Best Business Schools 2022). In its unique position on the West Coast of Australia, facing the Indo-Pacific, the School aims to extend its education mission to the broader region offering world class education and leading international research that is relevant to the challenges of today and the future. The UWA Business School has around 100 academic staff and 5,000 students and teaches both undergraduate, postgraduate masters, MBA and PhD courses. It is accredited by both the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and is a signatory to UN-PRME.
Management and Organisations in the Business School offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses, as well as research-based doctoral degrees. The students rank amongst the brightest in Australia, as measured by Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR). The Department is particularly interested in hiring individuals who are enthusiastic about teaching and, equally importantly, have a well-developed research agenda with the aim of publishing in high-quality refereed academic journals.
About the opportunity
As the successful appointee you will report to Head of Department and will be expected to make outstanding contributions to teaching, research and service within the School, in accordance with university rules, the code of conduct and the universities education and academic mission.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A relevant PhD qualification for Management Sciences. Priority areas include: data analytics, information systems, supply chain management, human resources.
- A strong research focus with an ability to undertake research and publish in high quality international peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience in supervising students or research assistants, or a willingness to direct and supervise honours and postgraduate research students.
- A record of high-quality teaching.
- Experience in, or a willingness to be involved in service activities such as school policy development and other administrative matters.
- Experience in, or willingness to engage with members of the community, professional bodies and relevant industry bodies.
- Experience in working collaboratively with others.
Full details of the position responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. In preparing your application, you are asked to demonstrate clearly that you meet the selection criteria. You are encouraged to supply a curriculum vitae and an academic portfolio in support of your application.
Please see the position description prior to applying: Lecturer - 513044.docx
Closing date: 11:55 pm on Friday, 23 December 2022
Interviews will be held in January 2023
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.