Professor, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
The School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Queen’s University Belfast is seeking to appoint a Professor with demonstrable research expertise in Aerodynamics, Sustainability, Clean Energy, or closely related field.
The successful candidate will join our vibrant team and drive the development of new and emerging technologies which will have a real impact on our economy. Our ideal candidate will undertake world class innovation, mission-led research programmes that complement their research, along with contributing to excellent student experience via research-led teaching and assessment. The post holder will also contribute to wider School and University administration and outreach activities.
The post holder will also have the opportunity to engage in the exciting Advanced Manufacturing Innovation Centre (AMIC) initiative, a new Centre that is part of a £1bn co-investment through the Belfast Regional City Deal (BRCD) which will see the delivery of a state-of-the-art Factory of the Future flagship facility.
The successful candidate will help shape our future undergraduate and postgraduate curriculums across our Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering and/or Product Design Engineering programmes, as well as contribute to interdisciplinary teaching activities across the breadth of the University portfolio within their area of competence.
Our School has a commitment of becoming an academic home to researchers and educators with a highly diverse cultural and professional background. The new appointee will join a group of enthusiastic, highly research active and collegiate academics who deliver a world-class education to our undergraduate and postgraduate students. Candidates who believe they can make a substantial contribution to further enhance our teaching provision and research portfolio are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Obtained a PhD or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Extensive high level research experience in relevant subject area that is sustainable and which complements or enhances existing profile within the School and across the faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
- An extensive and sustained track record of research publications over career in high quality, peer reviewed journals.
- Extensive track record of obtaining significant research funding over a sustained period.
- Demonstrable record of enhancing the quality of learning opportunities and in turn the student experience, with relevant experience of development of taught content, teaching and assessment at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level in a higher education setting.
- Substantial experience of providing academic leadership at a strategic level.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.