Research Assistant, Queen's Management School
Queen's Management School at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Assistant.
The successful applicant will work as a Research Assistant on a Government of Ireland-funded cross-border research initiative (the Centre for Economics, Policy and History). A key component of the post is to support and undertake research in all areas of economic history.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- An undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance or cognate discipline by commencement of post.
- Experience of contributing to academic research projects.
- Experience of using Excel and statistical packages.
- Experience of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/