Research Associate in Energy Studies Institute, Strategies of Other Countries
Energy Studies Institute
The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute in the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducting independent research and analysis. We are looking for researchers to join a multi-disciplinary team carrying out research projects on a range of energy issues that are of concern to Singapore and the region.
ESI is looking for a Research Associate to ensure the timely delivery of research and policy recommendations with national, regional and/or international clients. Topics to be covered by the position include climate change policies and carbon pricing, carbon neutral or net-zero targets, NDC implementation and reporting, and the transition to a low-carbon and green economy.
- Lead and contribute to research projects for public sector, corporate or regional/international clients on topics relating to climate change policies and carbon pricing, carbon neutral or net-zero targets, NDC implementation and reporting, and the transition to a low-carbon and green economy.
- Provide supervision and guidance on research projects and proposals
- Produce policy reports and publish articles in academic journals.
- Represent ESI at events and lead development of new research and collaboration opportunities in Singapore and across the regionParticipate in relevant internal discussions and activities such as seminars and conferences to position ESI and increase its international standing
- University degree, ideally at Master’s level or higher degree in the fields of geography, law, energy and climate economics, environmental engineering or other related disciplines
- Relevant work experience of minimum 3 years, at least partly in consulting or in policy review and formulation, particularly in the public sector
- Possess knowledge and experience in climate change and sustainability areas, such as climate or energy legislation, low-carbon technologies and/or carbon services
- Possess strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, with the ability to work well both independently and in a team
- Possess strong influencing and collaboration qualities, analytical abilities and a broad sense of perspective
- Willing to work across research programmes and contribute to more than one research project
- Track record of securing funding through responding to project tenders from public institutions or development agencies
- Track record of (or potential to deliver) impactful research publications and/or thought leadership pieces
- Quantitative skills and the ability to use data and metrics to inform research, decisions
- Mastery of regionally-relevant language(s)
To apply for this position, please combine the following documents in 1 PDF and attach it under the CV column when submitting your application:
- Curriculum vitae
- A cover letter, of no more than 800 words, explaining the applicant’s past research experience and aptitude in relation to the research project
Interested candidates, please submit your application with all the required documents. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Shortlisted applicants may be called for interview, either in person or by zoom, as appropriate. If you have not heard from us within 3 months, you should assume that your application has not been successful.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Energy Studies Institute
Department : Energy Studies Institute