Instructor (Artificial Intelligence, Information Systems)
The NUS School of Computing invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a full-time teaching position at the instructor level to teach AI courses that are offered by NUS ACE to learners from within the University and the general public.
Successful candidate is expected to be trained by faculty members from the School of Computing to conduct classroom teaching (face-to-face and online) for these courses on a full-time basis. Successful candidate is also expected to provide project consultations, perform course administrative tasks and assist in the production of teaching and learning materials such as video lectures.
Applicants must possess the following qualifications and knowledge:
- A recognised Master’s or Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Analytics, or other relevant disciplines such as Statistics and Mathematics.
- Candidates with a recognised Bachelor’s degree and relevant working experience in AI are also welcomed to apply.
- Good theoretical knowledge and technical skillset of AI including data engineering, machine learning and data pipeline.
- Knowledge of deep learning and working with unstructured data (e.g., text, audio, image and video) is advantageous.
- Familiarity with an AI programming language such as Python and R.
- Familiarity with using a visual AI tool such as RapidMiner Studio or Azure Machine Learning Studio is advantageous.
- Familiarity with AI project workflow such as CRISP-DM (CRoss-Industry Standard Process for Data Mining).
- Prior teaching experience is advantageous.
- Prior relevant working experience in AI is advantageous.
- Good written and verbal English communication.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work in a team-based environment.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Computing
Department: Department of Information Systems And Analytics
Employee Referral Eligible: No