Faculty Central (FEPS)
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £11.80 per hour
Closing Date: Sunday 27 November 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Start Date: 3rd January 2023
End Date: 31st March 2023
Location: Highfield Campus
Hours: 36 Hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative and operational support to the local academic environment through the maintenance of clear office systems and processes, including delivery of the FOS core services.
- Provide high quality, value-added and flexible support and administrative service to senior academics and other members of the academic community in line with the FOS core services.
- Act as first point of contact for a range of enquiries to ensure an effective customer service and positive student experience.
- Financial administration including invoices and requisitions via Agresso; liaise with Finance and work within financial regulations.
- HR administration including staff recruitment (using e-recruit), visitor arrangements, academic appraisal, probation, promotion, and induction; maintaining accurate records and ensuring compliance with university / faculty policies and systems.
- Provide effective and efficient administrative / secretarial support to meetings and working groups as required, taking accurate notes, ensuring reliable record keeping and managing actions effectively.
- Organise, support and (if required) attend events (seminars, workshops, visitor lectures) ensuring all activities and deliverables run efficiently by co-ordinating diaries, booking venues, setting and communicating programme schedules, liaising with appropriate key stakeholder groups, managing hospitality and visitor arrangements.
- Share and exchange key information and identify areas of best practice, contributing to the development of office administrative systems, working with colleagues across the faculty.
- Build and use a good working knowledge of university / faculty / school administrative systems and structures to identify solutions to a range of enquiries and provide advice and guidance.
- Travel to other Faculty/University sites and flexible hours of work may be required for events, meetings etc.
- Ability to produce clear, accurate and concise written documentation within agreed time scales.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Previous work experience within a busy administrative / secretarial support role and / or customer-focused environment.
- Excellent IT skills, including standard Microsoft Office packages and confidence working with new technologies.
- Experience of analysing data and presenting reports and summary information clearly.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own work effectively and follow / implement procedures in order to produce work to a high standard and to required deadlines.
- Able to contribute to team efficiency through sharing information and constructively supporting others.
- Able to maintain good working relationships across a range of colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
- Ability to take ownership for own workload and help to resolve first level administrative enquiries on behalf of professional services.
- Evidence of good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience of monitoring a small scale budget (eg stationery).
- Knowledge of university systems such as Agresso, Planon, e-recruit and working with travel management systems.
- Understanding of and experience in providing administrative support for equality, diversity and inclusion activities.
- Experience of editing staff newsletter.