Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, System Design (Level B/C)
- Based in UniSA STEM at the Mawson Lakes campus
- Full-time, continuing position
- Commencement Salary: Level B $104,838, Level C $127,680 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
This position is responsible for the development, delivery and coordination of courses within STEM’s undergraduate, honours and postgraduate programs and for contributing to STEM’s research agenda. This position will support STEM’s teaching and research outcomes in the Information Technology discipline, with a particular focus on System Design, and will carry out activities to maintain and develop scholarly research and/or professional activities.
The Senior Lecturer will make original and innovative contributions to and provide leadership within the Information Technology discipline and will be responsible for attracting competitive research and industry funding.
About UniSA STEM
UniSA STEM links engineering, mathematics, science, defence and cybersecurity, environmental science, aviation, information technology, construction and project management, harnessing the connections across disciplines to bring big ideas to fruition. We integrate research into our teaching, with students working alongside researchers in first-class facilities, what’s discovered one day is taught the next. Our graduates are entrepreneurs and trailblazers, who design and build the world they want to live in.
We're dedicated to creating strong IT leaders through a comprehensive choice of industry-relevant degree programs, which combine real-world experience with the expertise to succeed. Our qualifications are designed to reflect what employers tell us they want and expect of graduates.
- Lead and contribute to the design and development of engaging, relevant and technology-enhanced curricula for identified programs and courses
- Undertake course coordination and/or provide leadership to other academic staff in the teaching team
- Contribute to research and scholarly activity, independently and/or as a member of a team
- Contribute to research activity through success in national competitive grants and/or obtaining government and/or industry funding for research activity
- Provide academic leadership to support the Academic Unit’s teaching and learning initiatives in ways that will enhance the student experience
- Lead and contribute to the on-going development of courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Conduct research and scholarly activity, which results in publications in both academic refereed and professional journals and the presentation of conference papers and seminars
- Provide high quality supervision to higher degree by research (HDR) students as well as mentoring of academic staff new to HDR supervision
Essential Skills and Experience
Level B / C
- A doctoral qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated record of the development and delivery of high quality teaching and learning experiences in the areas of System Design or Information Technology
- An established early research record including demonstrated success in conference and journal publications
- Strong understanding of contemporary industry focused software development methodologies such as Agile/Scrum and DevOps
- A doctoral qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a relevant discipline and a national and/or international record of achievement in a relevant research field together
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of academic leadership to develop a culture of teaching and learning excellence
- Demonstrated understanding and application of industry tools for planning, version control, and project management
Please refer to the position descriptions for more information regarding the core responsibilities and essential criteria.
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Corporate health insurance
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Jessica Frisari, Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 4661.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Tuesday 3 January 2023
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.