Senior Lecturer in Midwifery, Academic Level C
- Based in Clinical and Health Sciences at the City East Campus
- Full-time, continuing opportunity
- Commencement Salary: $127,680 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
Reporting to the Professorial Lead (Midwifery), this role is responsible for the development, delivery and coordination of courses within the Academic Unit’s undergraduate and postgraduate programs and contributing to the Unit’s research agenda. The position will contribute independently and as part of a team to support UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences’ teaching and research outcomes and to carry out activities to maintain and develop their scholarly, research and/or professional activities.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A PhD qualification and a national and international record of achievement in a research field relevant to midwifery with registration or eligibility for registration as a Midwife, with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Demonstrated experience in a higher education teaching and learning environment and with a diverse range of contemporary teaching methodologies and modes of delivery
- Experience in the provision of academic leadership to develop a culture of teaching and learning excellence
- Ability to enhance the research profile of the Academic Unit through collaborative research and to publish research findings, including evidence of successful competitive research grant applications and outcomes
- Experience in the supervision of honours and postgraduate students
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Staff study support
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. Applicants are required to upload a cover letter and resume only.
Please address your cover letter to Georgie Hart, Senior Consultant: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 4688.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 5 December 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
Pursuant to the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016 (the Act) and the Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Regulations 2019 (the Regulations), this position has been deemed prescribed. This role will require the successful candidate to hold a current Working with Children Check.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check (NPC) being obtained and maintained.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.