Teaching Assistant in Physics
Department of Mathematics, Statistics and Physics
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses nine departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature and Linguistics, Arabic Language, Mass Communication, History, Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, International Affairs, Policy, Planning and Development, Statistics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, and Environmental Sciences. The College also houses Master Programs, which are M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences, M.A. in Gulf Studies, M.A. in Arabic Language and Literature, M.Sc. in Materials Science and Technology, and M.Sc. in Applied Statistics. In addition to a PhD in Biological and Environmental Sciences and a PhD in Gulf Studies. Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers. Also, there are two established research centers namely the Center for Sustainable Development and the Gulf Studies Center.
It is worth mentioning that as members of Qatar University, CAS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure internal and external funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, with individual project funding reaching up to reaching up to 600,000$ /project along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach specialized and service laboratory courses offered by Physics Program.
- Engage in teaching activities such as tutorial, lecture demonstration, and senior projects.
- Prepare lab experimental setups and improve labs functionality.
- Contribute to various committees and activities at the Department, College, and University levels.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of Department.
- MSc degree in Physics from a recognized/ranked university.
- Have at least two years of teaching experience at university level.
- Familiar with educational technologies used in higher education sector.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Cover letter.
- Current Curriculum Vitae reflecting the following information:
- Years of experience after MSc
- Major, Specialization/Concentration
- H index, Citations, Google scholar link, and ORCID NUMBER
- The number of publications in Q1 journals in the last 5 years.
- The number of publications in Q2 journals in the last 5 years.
- The number of publications in Q3 journals in the last 5 years.
- The number of publications in Q4 journals.
- The number of publications in Non-indexed journals.
- Awards and Grants (with the role and budget amount).
- Teaching, research and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation deemed relevant to the application.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category: Academic
End Date of Advertisment: 31-Dec-2022