Lecturer in Paramedic Science
School of Health & Life Sciences
Lecturer in Paramedic Science (AC3) – REQ001891
AC3: £46,047-51,805 per annum
Full time, 35 hours per week, Permanent
THE POST - Lecturer in Paramedic Science
The School of Health and Life Sciences is one of the largest integrated schools combining health and life science programmes. Our graduates make an immense contribution to improving the health and wellbeing of communities across the globe.
An opportunity to an inter-disciplinary team delivering the Paramedic Science at our state-of-the-art facilities at Lanarkshire campus within the Division of Biological Sciences and Health. There will be an opportunity to contribute to learning, teaching and research across the school.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Degree and relevant postgraduate qualification in health or related area.
- An experienced professional in the field of Pre-hospital emergency care (HCPC, GMC or NMC registered), ideally with experience of research in higher education.
- Experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education or practice education. A postgraduate qualification in education/teaching and learning, and/or HEA fellowship are desirable.
- Commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings).University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Health & Life Sciences at UWS offers innovative teaching and research opportunities, firmly focused on the real-world challenges facing the healthcare and life sciences sectors. You will join a supportive and committed team, where you will play a key role in continuing to establish the University as a force for good. Our students benefit from studying in modern learning facilities – among the very best in the country – and the strong links we have with partner organisations across the private, public and third sectors. Find out more about our School of Health & Life Sciences.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Informal enquiries can be made by contacting: Scott Mackenzie, Programme Leader, Biological Sciences and Health: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing Date: Sunday 11th December 2022
Interview Date: Friday 16th December 2022
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.