Research Fellow (Cardiac Disease - Paediatrics)
The Research Fellow (RF) will work closely with the cardiology branch in the Department of Paediatrics, NUH, in uncovering cardiac disease development in paediatric patients with the aim to translate our findings towards patient care. The RF’s primary role will be to assist with ongoing projects by validating and performing experiments, analysing and interpreting results and effectively communicating the findings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish mouse disease models and performing in vivo monitoring/experiments.
- Assist with in vitro assays such as western blotting, flow cytometry, qPCR.
- Assist in histological procedures such as sectioning, staining, followed by bright-field and immunofluorescence microscopic imaging.
- Contribute to research grant application by performing literature review and curating preliminary data
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI;
- PhD in life sciences/physiology/molecular biology or a related biomedical field.
- A strong background in molecular biology and animal models.
- Possess good analytical and organisational skills.
- Good publication track record.
- Proficiency in English.
- Good communication skills and team player.
- Driven to learn and contribute to the team’s research.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Paediatrics
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16427