Research Fellow (Chemistry)
The successful candidate will work with A/Prof Zhao Yu on synthetic method development under a project on Green and economical chemical production by new stereoselective redox-neutral catalysis.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Spearhead the synthetic method and asymmetric catalysis development in the lab;
- Mentor junior graduate student and/or undergraduate researcher in the group
- Qualifications / Discipline: PhD in synthetic chemistry
- Skills: Transition metal catalysis; Electrochemical catalysis; Asymmetric synthesis
- Experience: At least five years’ experience in a well-renowned research group in the field of synthetic chemistry
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Chemistry
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17494